Accueil
Accueil

Bienvenue invité ( Connexion | Inscription )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LOSIOC questions
Babalui
post 15 Jun 2008, 17:51
Message #1

Inscrit : 15/06/08
Lieu : Croatia
Membre n° 3,070

Hi all,
I'm quite an admirer of work this group has preformed. Regular user of Tacview, LOME and Tacview almost form the start. Sadly I do not speak French, and I hope you could help me with a project of mine…

I would like to build a home cockpit, did some research on the subject, and what it looks to me is that your LOSIOC is capable to export data using certain hardware. (Under export, I mean ability to turn on and off various LED on homebuilt panels, turn analog dials, display digital values etc.)

It looks like I have to use some of the I/O modules from Open Cockpits web-site and this application of yours. Could you be so kind to briefly explain (in English):
1) What I/O module I should build/buy?
2) What are the additional requirements?
3) Where could I download your configuration app and how to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS - Could you be so kind to open an English section and to install English language? I'm having hard time finding my way around blushing.gif

--------------------
=CRO=Babalui
Croatian Lock On Support
Image IPB

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DArt
post 15 Jun 2008, 18:06
Message #2

I am LotAtc

Indicatif : JR-01
Inscrit : 30/11/06
Lieu : Savoie
Membre n° 999

Hi babalui,

Happy to see you here, you are welcome!!!... For cockpit, I could not help you, but I am sure our experts will help you thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Image IPB

+Quote Post
Gromich
post 15 Jun 2008, 21:27
Message #3

Inscrit : 4/12/07
Lieu : Clermont Ferrand
Membre n° 2,779

CITATION(Babalui @ 15 Jun 2008, 18:51) *

Hi all,
I'm quite an admirer of work this group has preformed. Regular user of Tacview, LOME and Tacview almost form the start. Sadly I do not speak French, and I hope you could help me with a project of mine…

I would like to build a home cockpit, did some research on the subject, and what it looks to me is that your LOSIOC is capable to export data using certain hardware. (Under export, I mean ability to turn on and off various LED on homebuilt panels, turn analog dials, display digital values etc.)

It looks like I have to use some of the I/O modules from Open Cockpits web-site and this application of yours. Could you be so kind to briefly explain (in English):
1) What I/O module I should build/buy?
2) What are the additional requirements?
3) Where could I download your configuration app and how to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS - Could you be so kind to open an English section and to install English language? I'm having hard time finding my way around blushing.gif

Hi nice to see you here ! Even if my english is not perfect i will try to answer your questions :

1 - All hardware you need, you can found on opencockpits web site. First you need the USB Expansion card. It will be your interface connected to your computer ( Expension card ). On this board you can connect up to four Master Card. Each master card can driving 72 inputs and 64 outputs (Master Card ). At this point you just have to download the software : SIOC for programming ( Download Sioc ver 3.5 ) and the IOCard Tests softwares ( IO Card Software 3.2 ).

2 - Switches, LEDS and additionnal ATX Power supply.

3 - Actually LOSIOC is under devloppement. Lecrole our LOSIOC Programmer, Devlopper, Master, Jedi all you wants tongue.gif did and outstanding job. I think when Lecrole decide to release final version there will be some nice ready to use modules, you'll have only to enter LED or SWITCH number.

So be patient !

+Quote Post
Babalui
post 16 Jun 2008, 14:52
Message #4

Membre n° 3,070

Hi DArt, glad to see you here smile.gif

Gromich, many thanks!

So I need both cards? (Umh, kinda costly at the moment, gotta think out some good explanations why "I must have this or I will die"). Has anyone ordered non-assembled kits? I've been doing some electronic home projects and was working as electronic engineer (maintenance).

I think I saw a simpler solution, one that involves only one I/O card, but feel free to comment on this.

I found that video tutorial for LOSIOC programming, tried to read posts her (used some automatic translator, but guess the result).

Additional question: Since that master card has digital outputs, is there any adapter that enables to connect analogue instruments? Like altimeter or HSI? What about fuel quantity?

There is a "thingy" that is not in actual cockpit, but is very usefull. As my main airframe is Su-25T, I have regular cursing excersises when using laser. I was experimenting with BU0836 chip (enables input only), and connected few things to it. I connected one multiswitch button (erm, not correct term, the button that can turn on 2 thing in the same time), one pole to BU0836 to start/stop laser, and another to old school project of mine - timer with two-digit 7-segment display. This timer turns on simultaneously with laser. But I have to use two buttons on the timer itself, one to reset it, and another one to count again (cooling time). Very clumbsy, and I have a problem with correct timing as it uses potentiometer to adjust the clock, and all components are quite old. It shows "60" anywhere between 45 and 120 seconds blushing.gif I have components for digital timer, but had no will to put it together in the light of quite crude sollution.

Is there any possibility to export LO clock and connect it to laser trigger so it could display running time, and after switching the laser off to display cooling time?

I hope Lecrole will read this thread innocent.gif
I'm very interested into progress of his work. Any pics of working instruments?

Chers to all!

--------------------
=CRO=Babalui
Croatian Lock On Support
Image IPB

+Quote Post
Lecreole
post 16 Jun 2008, 18:08
Message #5

Inscrit : 13/04/05
Lieu : 74100 Annemasse
Membre n° 125

CITATION(Babalui @ 16 Jun 2008, 15:52) *

I hope Lecrole will read this thread innocent.gif
I'm very interested into progress of his work. Any pics of working instruments?

Hello tongue.gif
I don't understand all you say in english blushing.gif .
The english and spain version come back after the first french release, because LOSIOC is in developement actualy.
For intruments we use Gauge Composer.
As say Gromich
CITATION

So be patient !
+Quote Post
Maraudeur
post 16 Jun 2008, 18:19
Message #6

Commandant de la 92nd Kodiak AF

Indicatif : JR-22
Inscrit : 4/12/04
Lieu : Monnaie
Membre n° 17

Hi Babalui wink.gif

Do not hesitate to ask your question in english, if necessary we will translate form french to english for non english-seaking users... whistling.gif

Considering your problem, you can use only one IO Master card, but then you must ensure to have a parallel output on your motherboard.

The USB expansion card provides improvements such as: the possibility to control 4 IO Mastercards, a USB pluging to the computer (no more printer port necessary), and 4 analog axes.

But you can firts train and obtain good results with only one Mastercard, provided the printer port prerequest is fullfilled.

The IO Masreecard provides:
- 2 digital ouput plugs that can manage Leds for example
- 2 digital input plugs to enter commands (0 ou 1)
- 1 multiplexed plugs to manage 7 segment displays

To operate analog or stepper engines you must use an other kind of card.

With the master card you can also manage rotactors to work as a rotactors or rotaries.

To have further information.....go to Opencockpits web site and RTFM... wink.gif

--------------------
Image IPB
Cerbro Tvo Utere! Sin Minvs, Parietes Asperget...

+Quote Post
Babalui
post 17 Jun 2008, 03:36
Message #7

Membre n° 3,070

Hi Lecreole, good to her from you personally. Congratulations on your work. I hope that soon you will be able to release your work thumbsup.gif
And don't worry - I'll be patient. I hope innocent.gif

CITATION(Maraudeur @ 16 Jun 2008, 19:19) *

Considering your problem, you can use only one IO Master card, but then you must ensure to have a parallel output on your motherboard.
(...)
To operate analog or stepper engines you must use an other kind of card.
With the master card you can also manage rotactors to work as a rotactors or rotaries.
To have further information.....go to Opencockpits web site and RTFM... wink.gif

Thanks man! I was considering buying this Mastercard long time ago when I was thinging about additions for MSFS. I read about it, but was not sure how to use it with my prime love - LO/FC. In fact, first info that I found about LOSIOC was on Open Cockpits forum. I drop there occasionally, each tme being jelous on those MSFS guys each time I open and droole homebuild cockpit pages. I guess it was my lucky day when I punched "lua" into thier search engine wavetowel2.gif

Yes, I have free parallel port on PC. So, this actually is the way to have I/O communication with FC? Amazing! I'll go straight to opencockpit and purchase mastercard!

Thanks for help!!

--------------------
=CRO=Babalui
Croatian Lock On Support
Image IPB

+Quote Post
M0RpH3u5
post 17 Jun 2008, 17:39
Message #8

Inscrit : 11/04/08
Membre n° 3,007

CITATION(Maraudeur @ 16 Jun 2008 @ 19:19)
....you can use only one IO Master card....

Hi!

Does the "Eurocard" work too? gap.gif

Sorry for the flood I can't resist megalol.gif
+Quote Post
Maraudeur
post 17 Jun 2008, 22:48
Message #9

Commandant de la 92nd Kodiak AF

Indicatif : JR-22
Inscrit : 4/12/04
Lieu : Monnaie
Membre n° 17

In fact this is not a question of port. It can be USB or Parallel, anyway, the initial problem was to interface the SIOC that magages the hardware, with LockOn FC.

In fact this was first done by the LoIOCP made by Brothers (an ex pilot of the 3rd Wing). But this system was no more supported and wasn't so able to evolve with FC and future developpements.

Then came the genuis Lecreole that decided to restart the interfacing. He succeded in interfacing directly the SIOC with the LUA. LoSIOC was born wub.gif

Actually LoSIOC can work by itself, but Lecreole is stil developping an interface to ease the programming and the sharing of routines to manage the cockpits.

The story continues.... thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Image IPB
Cerbro Tvo Utere! Sin Minvs, Parietes Asperget...

+Quote Post
Babalui
post 29 Jun 2008, 14:54
Message #10

Membre n° 3,070

Hi all,

Well, my MS card kit arrived few days ago, I've put it together and it looks like it is working fine. So, whats next to be done? I've installed Sioc ver 3.5 and the IOCard Tests softwares.

I've noted that LeCreole has uploaded new version 2 of LoSIOC. How to start it, configure it... ?

ON emore question regarding MSC - those outputs on J2, what is their pinout? Manula says that pin 1 is 5V and pin 2 is ground and thats all.

Cheers!

--------------------
=CRO=Babalui
Croatian Lock On Support
Image IPB

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Haut de page · Retour à l'accueil · Contacter le Webmestre Nous sommes le : 27/04/24 - 08:32